Re: Requires & Provides on -devel packages (Continued)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Jeff Johnson wrote:

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 04:01:43AM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > What's more, all build dependencies could then be accurately and automagically
> > generated by trapping open/exec calls at the file system layer.
> > How would you trap it ? syscalltrack ?

There's PODFUK (Czech for "cheat"), kind of a loop back file system thingy,
that can be inserted as a file system type.

Steal the open call to log every file opened during a build in cache,
pass everything else through.

But you can't do that from inside rpmbuild, I guess. And it would be nice if rpmbuild could take care of it itself.

So I guess it is not going to happen anytime soon ? ;/

> > Yup, LD_PRELOAD has uses, but can screw up dependencies.
> > I had that problem 2 years ago (with a socksified system). I even had a > bugreport about it in bugtraq. I don't know what has been changed, but now > my LD_PRELOAD libraries are not longer reported as dependencies.

Hmmm, objdump rather than ldd is used in find-requires?

Yes, that's it. (bugzilla #8250 and #26234 it seems)

Thanks!
--   dag wieers,  dag@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
«Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors»