Building nss_ldap-198 (from 8.0) on Red Hat 7.3

I am trying to build nss_ldap that comes with Red Hat 8.0 on a 7.3 box.
The reason I am trying to do this build is because the version that
comes with 7.3 seg faults when trying to perform and 'id username'
command I'm using nss_ldap and schema_mapping to access user information
in a Windows 2000 Active Directory.  I know that nss_ldap-198 works
because I have a Red Hat 8.0 workstation accessing the same information
with 'id' and it doesn't seg-fault.

When trying to build the SRPM for 198 on 7.3 I get the following error:

configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a
time

It appears that the problem is the %configure macro in the SPEC file.
It looks like the macro (along with possibly some env variables) is
defining more than one build target and then the configure command blows
up.

If I replace the '%configure' macro with './configure' then the RPM
builds correctly, but evidently it doesn't build in the proper db libs
because when I try a finger command I get an 'unreolved symbol
__db185_open' error from /lib/libnss_ldap.so.2.

Is there anything I can do to make the configure macro work properly or
build the proper libs into nss_ldap so it doesn't complain about
unresolved symbols?  Below is the output from rpm --eval '%configure'
for my system.  My build system is a Dell PowerEdge 6400 with 4 700MHz
Xeon processors.

[root@houalecub01 /usr/src/redhat]# rpm --eval '%configure'

  CFLAGS="${CFLAGS:--O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686}" ; export CFLAGS ;
  CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS:--O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686}" ; export CXXFLAGS ;
  FFLAGS="${FFLAGS:--O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686}" ; export FFLAGS ;
  ./configure i386-redhat-linux \
        --prefix=/usr \
        --exec-prefix=/usr \
        --bindir=/usr/bin \
        --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
        --sysconfdir=/etc \
        --datadir=/usr/share \
        --includedir=/usr/include \
        --libdir=/usr/lib \
        --libexecdir=/usr/libexec \
        --localstatedir=/var \
        --sharedstatedir=/usr/com \
        --mandir=/usr/share/man \
        --infodir=/usr/share/info

I'm OK with using ./configure instead of the %configure macro, but if
that's the fix then I need to resolve the unresolved symbol problem.
I've checked to make sure that CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS are correct when the
module is building, but it still gives me the unresolved symbol error.

Any help on this issue is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Andy.

Andrew Rechenberg
Infrastructure Team, Sherman Financial Group