Re: force install of conflicting file

Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@welho.com> wrote :

> If the point is to make apt never look at freshrpms site then you need to
> use one of the other options mentioned here, but if you just want your
> local mirror to be preferred and/or have something added to sources.list
> you could just add your list to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/my-sources.list:
> sourceparts are read first which makes (IIRC) apt primarily look at
> packages in my-sources.list repository and only if something isn't found
> there or there's a newer package available in some other repository it'll
> use anything outside your repository.

I didn't know anything about /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ before, thanks Panu!

To answer the original question: Putting your own file as Panu suggests is
probably the best solution, unless you don't want my repositories to ever
be accessed, in which case you could simply have your sources.list
installed somewhere by your package (in its docs for ex, or in /etc/apt/ as
sources.list.something), then in the %post section, replace the "original".
That way, when upgrading apt later on, the default config will be installed
as sources.list.rpmnew by rpm, and your "custom" file kept.

Matthias

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.9x (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.54
Load : 0.05 0.11 0.10, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:39)