Re: unpacked files with rpmbuild 4.1

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 04:12:38PM -0600, iguy wrote:
> This is simply because the %post scriptlet is run during the rpmbuild
> -ba file.spec process.  And with current defaults the build fails
> because dir exists.

This is not true. %post is run during install, not during build.

If install-info is run during the build to install into $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
(you are ussing a BuildRoot: aren't you?), then the correct thing to
do is
	rm -f ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_infodir}/dir
somewhere near the end of %install.

> I can't put it into %post because then we have failure after the rpm is
> installed onto a destination location.

Correct, you can't fix a build problem at install time. Fix the build instead.

> So ideally a %ignoremefile parameter/macro would be best which the
> check_names says.. Welp. you have it listed at least so I am assuming
> you know what your doing with that file so I'll let the build finish
> since you don't have any other files/directories unaccounted for.

Removing the file from $RPM_BUILD_ROOT has exactly the smae effect as
%ignoremefile, and is easier to use and understand imho. ;-)

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)