Re: Finding install element's db entry after install...

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:12:10AM -0400, James Olin Oden wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I noticed that the rpmdbAdd call actually takes a rpmts as
> an argument, but you mark it as unused.  Would it be possible
> to get the information I want into the rpmts here, without
> the use of a global; or, and this is what I suspect, is there
> more I don't know about that would make this a pain for you and
> me both?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll get there. There are code paths where
the passed ts is NULL, etc, etc, etc, these are the tedious
opaque data hiding and API issues that need solving but really
don't matter a bit.

There's also threading issues, adding locking around the maxinstance++,
lots of weird and wonderful "stuff".

Just whack a global in for now, add an int to the final location,
within the structure in lib/rpmte.h, and I'll take care of the rest.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)