*.src.rpm on RH9 (NEWBIE)

Hello,
I am using RH9 ; I have downloaded *.src.rpm file which is not installed in my system (gaim).

Now , when I try
rpm --ivh it installs the tar.gz file and 2 patches under
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

It also installs the gaim.spec filr under
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS

Now , is there a way that the rpm command will
install the files where they should be (and not the tar.gz)
and what is the correct way to create the binary rpm from
the source rpm ?

There is also an rpm-build insalled on my machine , and I am a little confused about them
(also there was, if I am not wrong , a possibility to run rpm -rebuild in previous RH versions , and in RH9
it is missing)

regards, qwe john