Re: Obsolete/replace only a file?

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 13:06, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> I would be interested in this too.  Specifically about prepending a dir
> to the module load paths instead of appending to or replacing them.  If
> you find a clean way of doing this, let me know :)

I received a reply from Keith Owens (one of the modutils authors) and he
basically said that there was no way to prepend search paths and he just
recommend replacing with something in modules.conf like:

path=/your/extra/path
path=/lib/modules/boot
path=/lib/modules/`uname -r`

He said that /lib/modules/boot was optional depending on if you had/used
a /lib/modules/boot path and the rest of the defaults were basically
obsolete and kept only for backwards compatibility.

So, at least for now, that is the route I am going to take.

Sean