Re: Listing symlinks in %files: was this always supported?

Ville Skyttä wrote:

Sure. But let me clarify, regarding _unpackaged_files_terminate_build set to 1, when I first saw it I found it a good thing that stuff like this will terminate the build:

  %install
  mkdir $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/foo
  touch $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/foo/bar
  %files
  [/usr/lib/foo/bar not listed]
  Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
  /usr/lib/foo/bar

...but was surprised that this this won't terminate with the same setup
(the symlink target is irrelevant, it may be dangling or not):

  %install
  mkdir $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/foo
  ln -s /bin/true $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/foo/bar
  %files
  [/usr/lib/foo/bar not listed]
  -> This does not terminate (or warn).

I did expect that these cases would have terminated the same way,
regardless of where the "bar" symlink points to.

Bugzilla if you want a fix, reproducer appreciated. Patch to checkfiles shouldn't be hard either, as the culprit is:

find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT -type f | LC_ALL=C sort > $FILES_DISK

73 de Jeff