Re: displaying EULA when installing package

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:03:18PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Because of many different tools your output will probably not be seen.
> > It is better to do something like how java does their packages. The RPM
> > has info in its summary mentioning the EULA and the entire RPM is
> > wrapped in a shar file that doesnt unshar unless you accept the EULA.
> This is actually worse than showing an EULA in %pre. Because the files
> that are installed are not registered with the RPM database and what's
> even worse, the user is fooled into believing it installed a proper RPM
> package.

There *is* a proper RPM package, which is what gets isntalled in the end.
It's just that you have to peel off a wrapper to get at it. Effectively,
it's the same as making the user click "I Accept" on a web site before
downloading.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>