RE: displaying EULA when installing package

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 18:39, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> Because of many different tools your output will probably not be seen.
> It is better to do something like how java does their packages. The RPM
> has info in its summary mentioning the EULA and the entire RPM is
> wrapped in a shar file that doesnt unshar unless you accept the EULA.

The Sun j2se packages are packaged like that... except since the shar
contains a zip archive (how many layers of packaging can you apply), I
always just unzip the shar (unzip copes with preceding crap) rather than
run another script as root.   I'm sure the EULA is very nice.

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]