Re: How to define /lib/modules/`uname -r` in a spec file?

Am Mi, den 31.03.2004 schrieb James Olin Oden um 03:10:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Cameron, Thomas wrote:
>
> > Howdy all -
> >
> > Forgive my ingnorance, but I am fairly new to building RPMs.
> >
> > I have built an RPM for a kernel module for Linux on the mainframe, but I had to hard code
> > /lib/modules/2.4.21-9.EL/misc in the %install section of the spec file.
> >
> > Is there a way to specify the /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc directory so that the kernel module
> > gets put in the correct directory based on the running version of the kernel?
> >
> Yeah sure, you need to use the %() macro.  It allows you to do what
> back ticks do.  The only problem is that it will only do this at build
> time (i.e. it evaluates the macro at build time not install time).
>
> Cheers...james

As far as I understand the problem is small, because it only makes sense
to evaluate the "uname -r" string at RPM build time and not during
installation. IT would be bad if in %install section the kernel module
would be put into the evaluated kernel modules directory, whether it
fits or not. This is just because a kernel module is absolutely kernel
specific.

The evaluation is only for doing the rpmbuild run easier, right?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 05:22:31 up 11 days, 13:04, load average: 0.12, 0.09, 0.09
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]