MySQL 4.1 package in AS 3.0 extras channel

Hi,

I’m running AS 3.0 on all of my servers and I keep drooling over the new features MySQL 4.1 adds.  They’ve declared 4.1 to be stable, but the AS 3.0 channel still will not give a 3.23 -> 4.1 upgrade package.  Sure, I could just manually install the RPM from mysql.com, but given the amount of other packages that depend on it (php, httpd, etc.), it would pretty much disable the usefulness of up2date.  I’m wondering if anyone has any clue when (or if) RedHat is planning on putting 4.1 into the AS 3.0 extras channel.  I guess I’m also wondering what luck any of you 3.0 users have had with manually upgrading.

Thanks,

Martin Holste

UW-Madison ResNet Systems Administrator