Re: error by every rpm install with pre/post install/uninstallscripts: scriptlet failed, exit status 255

On 4/13/05, Roberto GASPARI <roberto gaspari suntis ch> wrote:
> >This is really a technical forum for rpm not for RHEL.
>
> >> I was able to remove that package only with the command:
> >> rpm -e --noscripts, but this isn't good at all!
>
> >No, it doesn't sound good - try contacting support first.
> >Paul
>
> Thanks for answering. Unfortunately we don't currently have a support
> subscription with redhat. Do you think I could have other inputs posting the
> question on redhat-list?

bugzilla reports are free, but their is no guaranteed delivery of a
fix.  That said if you have found a real problem then its likely from
what I have seen that the engineers repsonsible for the problem will
look into it.

   http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Cheers...james