Re: what goes in .rpmmacros so I can rebuildl from source from a non standard driectory path

On Apr 26, 2005, at 06:12 PM, Ralph Blach wrote:

Ok, so I do not need the data bases here?

If you are only installing src.rpm files then you do not need the databases. If you are trying to install rpm files as a non-root user into a hierarchy under your home directory then you do need the databases. :)

So, in a nutshell, src.rpm files don't update the database.

/Sean/