Automating revision changes

I was wondering if there was already a well-considered way to add rpm
build capabilities to an Automake build system.

Here's my root-level Makefile.am:

------

EXTRA_DIST = arf.spec schema win32 doxygen examples
SUBDIRS = src test

dist-hook:
        rm -rf `find $(distdir) -name .svn`

.PHONY: rpmdir srcrpm rpms

rpmdir:
        -mkdir -p rpm/BUILD rpm/RPMS rpm/SOURCES rpm/SPECS rpm/SRPMS

srcrpm: dist-bzip2 rpmdir
        rpmbuild -ts --define='_topdir $(PWD)/rpm' $(distdir).tar.bz2

rpms: dist-bzip2 rpmdir
        rpmbuild -ta --define='_topdir $(PWD)/rpm'
--buildroot=$(PWD)/rpm/tmp $(distdir).tar.bz2

------

I was also wondering if there was a good way to automate revision
changes in spec files, makefiles, etc. I use subversion for my
repository, and it occurs to me that a good way to tell if I even need a
build is to compare the root-level "svn info" Revision: tag with the
last time I built. -- Revisions the same? No need to build again! --

Thanks in advance,
John