RPM rollback capability removed from RHEL4?

I've got a number of RHEL4 systems, built from our organization's Satellite Server. I wanted to experiment with the RPM "rollback" feature, but googling after having problems, I found this knowledgebase article:

	<http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_58_9273.shtm>

... which states that the "rollback" feature was removed from RPM, and that users should use the Provisioning entitlement on RHN.

Is it possibly true that Red Hat has removed functionality from the RPM tool, just so they could push their Provisioning service? If so, might there be a fairly straightforward way of "re-enabling" that functionality?

Thanks,
	-s-