Re: showing %ghost files with rpm -q

On 2/19/07, Frank Cusack <fcusack fcusack com> wrote:
Sometime after rpm-4.0.2, %ghost files stopped showing up in rpm -ql output.
How do I show them?  Is there a change I can make to rpmpopt to show them
by default?

This is especially annoying because you can do rpm -ql followed by rpm -e
and find that files not listed by rpm -ql were removed.

Hmmm, rpm-4.0.2 ios so ancient I cannot remember.

Here's the rpm-4.4.8 behavior, I know of no change for quite some years.
$ grep '%ghost' filesystem.spec
%ghost %config(missingok) %verify(not size md5 mode user link rdev
group mtime) /mnt/cdrom
%ghost %config(missingok) %verify(not size md5 mode user link rdev
group mtime) /mnt/floppy
- %%ghost /mnt/cdrom, /mnt/floppy (fixes #52046)

$ rpm -ql filesystem | grep cdrom
/mnt/cdrom
$ rpm -ql --noghost filesystem | grep cdrom
$

Note that %ghost is displayed unless --noghost is added.

hth

73 de Jeff