Re: Using make to build rpms

On 7/10/07, Michael Dengler <michael dengler gmail com> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm attempting to create a build system that will build rpms.

I have much of the system created but have encountered an show stopper:

I have a top level Makefile like so:

---------------

RPM_DIRS = postgresql

default:
    $(foreach DIR,$(RPM_DIRS),$(MAKE) -C $DIRS rpm)

---------------

And a Makefile in each of the RPM_DIRS like so:

---------------

rpm:
    rpmbuild -ba postgresql-8.2.4.spec

*OOPS...I accidentally sent this befoer I finished...Post continues*

If I run make in the subdirectory (postgresql), it finishes fine.

If I run make in the top level directory, I get this:

 GNUmakefile:70: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike