Packaging java apps in rpm

Hi All,

Two questions:

1. Has anyone tried packaging java jar files in rpm. Are there any special consideration?

2. I already have a (inherited) system that builds c applications from source. It is somewhat circuitious in the way it gathers src, links...etc. I would rather not disturb the build but instead just capture the built binaries and package them as rpm. Is this possible ?
ie:
after my make completes, put the built binaries into the buildroot and run rpmbuild skipping the %build section.

Mike