Re: %files section of SPEC file

One minor inconsequential correction below to the %{buildroot} variable.

Thanks,
--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP

Joshua M. Miller wrote:
Good morning,

I am new to RPM creation and I am attempting to build my first "ground up" package. I'm using RH 4.5 as a build platform and have the following question:

I have the following variables relevant to this discussion:

> %define pkg_name <package>
%define buildroot /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/%{pkg_name}

When populating the %files section, how do I specify that a file should be taken from the build root of:

%{buildroot}/etc/

...and placed in the final destination of:

/etc

I keep getting the entire %{buildroot} created on the destination host.

TIA,