Re: %files section of SPEC file

Thanks for the help, Mathew.

I was packaging a set of files that I had not built, I was merely using RPM for the convenience factor of distributing them so I had to define my buildroot in this case. I have been able to build and deploy the RPM defining the BuildRoot as you describe.

Thanks a lot,
--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP

Matthew Miller wrote:

 BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)

(Eventually, this will be standardized properly as predefined and you won't
have to include this line, but for now, it's important to have.)