[scl.org] No sources on softwarecollections.org?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Jul 15 15:22:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Jakub QB Dorňák wrote:

> I suppose that reposync is able to do this perfectly for You, isn't it?

I don't know, as I don't mirror from a RH derived system, but
rather from a NAS device with lftp ...

Is there enough information in the SCL.O yum metadata to
include sources.  I don's see it in:
	https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/
(indeed, it is not at all clear in the web presence how to
simply download the per collection /etc/yum.repos.d/ .repo
specification file for the site en mass [thus my script in
my prior email in this thread]

I see the --source option 'also' grabs .src.rpm files, but
there is certainly no way shown in the man page to ignore
binaries.  We don't use third-party binaries off
quasi-untrusted sources, and so would never use then, and
would prefer not to spend the bandwidth, nor use the drive
space for something not of use to us

-- Russ herrold