[scl.org] Ruby on Rails 4.2 collection

Hi folks,

I work on the Foreman project (http://theforeman.org) which is a heavy
user of the RoR collections on EL6 and EL7.  We currently use ruby193,
and are migrating to rh-ror41 & rh-ruby22 as I write this.

I'm interested in updating to Rails 4.2 soon for parity with Fedora 22+,
so I plan to start a new ror42 collection.  I'd like to propose this for
inclusion under the CentOS SCLo SIG, so it'd be named "sclo-ror42".

It would pretty much be a rebuild of Rails 4.2.4 (or .5, released last
week) from Fedora 23/rawhide.  It would depend on rh-ruby22, and be very
similar to rh-ror41.

I discussed the idea with Honza at the SCLo sync-up yesterday, who
mentioned that RHSCL may decide to ship a similar collection, but not
for some time.  This sclo-ror42 collection would act as a stop-gap until
that's available.

Any feedback or offers of help are welcome.

Cheers,

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic cleal org