[scl.org] Minutes from CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting on #centos-devel (2016-01-13)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 20:43:35 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 06:33 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
> #topic Provides/Obsoletes to centos-release-scl
>    - there is the older repo package called centos-release-SCL with
> quite old packages and centos-release-scl now, witch packages build in cbs
>    - we should add Provides/Obsoletes into centos-release-scl
>    - #action hhorak will test it and ask someone to create an update

I've played around with this added to centos-release-scl SPEC:

Release:    7%{?dist}
Provides:   centos-release-SCL = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
Obsoletes:  centos-release-SCL < %{epoch}:6-7

and it seems to be working fine, i.e. the package centos-release-scl
updates centos-release-SCL on `yum update`.

Thomas, if you're not against, could you build an updated
centos-release-scl package, please?

Honza