[scl.org] Self-introduction

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 11:53:31 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:25:39PM +0100, Honza Horak wrote:
> On 01/22/2016 05:08 PM, Jarek Polok wrote:
> >Hi all !
> >
> >My name is Jarek Polok and I would be interested
> >joining sclo-sig for packaging SSO (Single Sign On)
> >related tools/modules:
> >
> >  - mod_auth_mellon
> >  - shibboleth
>
> I don't see shibboleth in Fedora so can't easily find what it means in
> practice, but I expect it will be a library (Apache's module) and
> potentially some other (config) files?
>
> We need to find out how to name that collection -- if we take it as a
> collection that contains the additional modules that are not in httpd24,
> could we use "sclo-httpd24"?
>
> Joe, since you're responsible for the httpd24 SCL -- does something like
> that make sense to you?

Hi Honza, Jarek,

We could do an sclo-httpd24, but I'd generally prefer to see the
creation of new collections specific to the tool/technology/whatever,
which ship a mod_foo package containing the mod_foo.so & httpd config
under httpd24's filesystem locations.  That's how we do it for mod_* for
language collections, and it seems to work pretty well.  jkaluza may
have a different opinion :)

Regards, Joe

--
Joe Orton // Red Hat // Web Stack Team // webstack-team at redhat.com // @notroj