Re: dialup woes

On 2001-06-26, Chris Kloiber wrote:

>> I can't tell what it's looking for nor can I find where I could change
>> the present login script.
>
>God I hate modems.  Try connecting using Minicom to the ISP's modem and
>log in like the script does. At the HiPer: prompt type 'HELP' and see
>which of the other options is needed to start ppp (my money is on CONNECT
>or NETWORK) then edit the chat script to send that command instead of
>'ppp'. Hope this helps.

If wvdial uses a chat script, I'd like to see that script first. Old
chat scripts often wait for CONNECT "" at the end which fails on
many newer Remote Access Routers/Controllers. Instead of detecting
the CONNECT response and starting pppd, they come to see the RAR's
login prompt which you would see only if you used a terminal
program. A CONNECT \c fixes this.