[sos-devel] PostgresSQL SoS plug-in

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 09:24:12 UTC 2012

On 08/27/2012 06:10 PM, Adam Stokes wrote:
> Instead of removing the temp dir should we just leave it for cron to
> clean up at a later date? I've never liked the idea of doing anything
> that revolved around removing/renaming files

Generally I think we should be able to clean up after ourselves (there
are established practices for ensuring that's possible).

This is e.g. one reason that I don't like the behaviour of some of the
new daemons we need to support - glusterd for e.g. accepts a USR1 signal
to trigger it to dump files with hard-to-predict names into /tmp.

Bryn.