[Sound] Thinkpad 770Z

I have IBM Thinkpad 770Z which was working with the sound just fine
using RH6.2 Now I have put RH7.0 and sound IS NOT working. Moreover,
/usr/sbin/sndconfig says

                      x                                x
                       x sox: Can't open output file    x
                       x '/dev/dsp': No such device     x

and when I try to manualy configure the card, I get

Segmentation fault

What do I do wrong? Is it a bug? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
                Yuri Lvov

Department of Mathematical Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180.  E-mail:  lvovy@rpi.edu  http://www.rpi.edu/~lvovy
Phone:  518-276-6893(o)  Fax:    (518) 276 4824 (department)