[Sound] soundblaster live w/ redhat 8

i just installed redhat on a dell dimension 4550 with a soundblaster live.  unfortunately i cannot get any sound at all.  during boot i get the message:

isapnp: scanning for pnp cards
isapnp: no plug & play devices found

the redhat soundcard detection program gives me the following result:

vendor:  creative labs
model:   unknown device 1102:0006
module:  unknown

likewise, sndconfig gives the following message:

a pci card was found in your system.  the details are:
model:  creative labs|unknown device 1102:0006

lspci -v gives me:

02:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs: Unknown device 0006
        Subsystem: Creative Labs: Unknown device 1003
        I/O ports at ece0 [size=32]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

additionally i have tried the commerical oss sound configuration, and it cannot detect my card either.  i know that the card is functioning, as i have a dual boot machine with winxp and windows detects my card and produces sound fine.  any help here would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!