Re: [Sound] (no subject)

If you would, please, post in plain ASCII text, not HTML.  It makes it
hard to quote (for those of us not using Netscape/Mozilla), and it
makes a mess of the digest.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:47:39AM -0600, D. J. Draper wrote:
   All,

   Im a former Windows puke trying to see the light! ;) I have
   installed RedHat 8.0 on a Thinkpad 380Z and a 380ED, and cannot get
   the sound to work on either. I have tried the ALSA drivers, but
   they refuse to install due to some sort of script errors. I have
   seen several references to using sndconfig, but I cant find that
   utility. I have seen several suggestions for using modprobe with
   either sb or cs4232, but it always complains that the device does
   not exist.

In 8.0 it is redhat-config-sound, I think.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/
Linux: because I want to get there today.  Without rebooting.