[Sound] query on Intel 845GL

HI all,

Hi

I have installed RH 7.2 in a PIV machine with Intel 845GL original
 mother board. I had problem with VideoCard. After selecting "vesa"
driver now Xwindows is working.
In Video also KDE not working for me and seems that
GNOME is not of  normal clarity,help me if there are some other setting.
movie pictures look pathethic.
But the soundcard is not
detected. It is Soundmax Integrated Digial Audio. I tried sndconfig

I got the following message Intel 8086-24c5 not supported
Also I need to configure External DAx modem in RH7.2

Pls. help

Regards
Subbu