Re: [Sound] an ESS ES1869 sound card problem

thanks Bob
may problem was

"su -". The "-"

Bob McClure Jr wrote:

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 12:34:40PM +0300, Ivan Terziev wrote:

I work in  GNOME  desktop environment.
My sound card is ESS ES1869 Plug and Play

When I try to configure my sound card with sndconfig
I receive === command not found

Were you root or your mere mortal self? You must be root to run it. Become root by "su -". The "-" gets you root's environment, especially his PATH.

When start with KDE, I see that message first:
"Sound server information message: Error while initializing the sound driver: device/dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device "

Any Ideas...., please tell me
thanks in advance

Cheers,