[Sound] audio cd problems

I have tried looking for help in various newbie linux forums but I have found no solution to my problem thus far.

I am running RedHat 7.3.  I have a SBLive Platinum Drive sound card.  System sounds and mp3's come out of my speakers fine.  I cannot play an audio cd.  I can mount and view data cd's fine.  The volume in Kmix for CD's is up and not muted.  I cannot play audio cd's as root.  Kscd will show the cd as playing but their will be no sound.  I downloaded emu-tools but have no idea how to use it.

Anybody who could finally solve this problem for me would be a lifesaver.  Thank you.