[Spacewalk-devel] httpd.conf?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 12:16:58 EST 2008

Mike McCune wrote:
> Jan Pazdziora wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:02:06PM -0500, Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> I thought we were getting rid of satellite-httpd in favor of
>>> /etc/httpd/conf.d?
>>>
>>> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=commitdiff;h=056892dfcd5dcabc49bb7b487033227ed5268f13
>>>

>> Well, some people pointed out how good it would be to do that but
>> noone has shown how exactly to handle the SSL VirtualHost problem.
>>

> Yes, we are getting rid of it but I'm hedging a bet that we won't have
> time to get to it during 0.4
>
> Mike

The problem with apps that clobber http.conf is they'll break any other
web app on the system.

Since the release is going to contain Cobbler I would /much/ rather that
Cobbler own and deploy it's own configuration file rather than having
Spacewalk set up a configuration that ignores it.  This makes upgrades
much much easier as well, and ensures that user customizations to
httpd.conf are preserved.

--Michael