[Spacewalk-devel] [RFC] audit (re-)viewing in Spacewalk

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu May 28 17:35:35 EDT 2009

Hello all.

I would like to share something that I have been working on for GTRI
(Georgia Tech Research Institute).  Something we are interested in is an
easier way to view and review audits generated by the Linux auditing
subsystem.  Since Spacewalk accomplishes many other tasks that are
useful for us, we decided to integrate this functionality into Spacewalk.

Here I must mention two disclaimers.
1) Yes, we have heard of freeIPA.  This did not suit our needs, nor have
they gotten past the 'I' of IPA (Identity, Policy, Audit).
2) I am not exactly a Java programmer, although I can program in Java.
If some of my code is written differently than style or common sense
dictates, my apologies :)

I wrote up a small introduction to the patch, located here:
http://www.stl.gtri.gatech.edu/jroys/
The patch is linked at the bottom of the site.

I would appreciate your review and comments.

Thanks,

Joshua Roys