[Spacewalk-devel] Status of PostgreSQL support.

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 23:00:54 EST 2010

Neal Kim <nkim at redhat.com> writes:
> For example this link
> (https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PathToPostgreSql) outlines what
> stored procedures need to be converted, but looking at the source i
> can't seem to find references to those mentioned.

That page is quite old, and a lot of the work suggested on it has been
done already --- in particular there are already (first-draft-grade) PG
versions of all the Oracle procedures, as well as a functional template
system for generating both Oracle and Postgres schema declarations.
We kinda stalled out after getting that done, though, and I've not heard
much from the Spacewalk crew since then.

There is a somewhat better launching point here:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSqlProject
although that doesn't seem to have got updated lately either.
One major point is that there no longer seems to be any good
reason to worry about compatibility to pre-8.4 Postgres versions,
which eliminates a number of the annoying syntax discrepancies.

I'm still happy to contribute Postgres-specific knowledge, but I can't
be the point man because I hardly know Spacewalk at all.

			regards, tom lane