[Spacewalk-devel] Spacewalk and a local repository

Jonathan Downward J.J.Downward at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 12:03:01 EST 2010

Hi All,

I've trawled the net for an answer but can't seem to get what I need. If this is the incorrect place for this type of question I apologies.

I'm trying to setup a spacewalk deployment that also presents a local repository. I'd like spacewalk to pull down the rpms and then make them available to all Centos machines in our enterprise via an http://server/type/channel model. At present we have a repository based on mrepo. What I see is having spacewalk house a single copy of all rpms and organising them by variant,architecture and channel. Is this possible and it so can someone post a set on instructions. Most of the info I've hit so far still uses an external source or doesn't suggest how to use a local repo.

Reference's I've hit so far are:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk
and sundry others which effectively say the same thing.

We're running Spacewalk 1.1 on Centos 5.5.

Regards

Jon

Jon Downward
Systems Administrator
College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Wellcome Trust Biocentre, Dow Street, Dundee. DD1 5EH
e-mail:j.j.downward at dundee.ac.uk
tel:01382 386232

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096