[Spacewalk-devel] Questions about some translations

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Thu Nov 18 18:05:49 EST 2010

Dear all,

I was asked to contribute some German translations to spacewalk. Of
course I'll do that. Translation stats on "backend" went up from AFAIR
44% to now 72%.

So far so good. On
I detected some strings that I never saw before on my daily work as a
sat and spacewalk user.

For high quality translations, it is needed to see the stings in its
context. For that I need provoke several error-messages and some help
how to provoke them.

It is also needed to test this messages with quite some up-to-date
versions. At the moment I have a KVM instance of 1.1 running and a KVM
ready and  waiting for 1.2.

1. Is this list the right resource to ask questions to ensure strings
are understood like they should?

2. Is git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/spacewalk.git/ and
subsequent git pull the right source for po files? (Transifex is almost
unusably slow)

3. Is the master/trunk branch the right one?

4. Is it fine to run "cd ~/spacewalk/backend/po; make install" and
having the newly translated strings available to the installed spacewalk?