[Spacewalk-devel] V1.2 (nightly) and PG (solved)

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Sun Nov 21 13:44:54 EST 2010

On 11/21/2010 05:44 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Luc de Louw<luc at delouw.ch>  writes:
>> I found the reason: Autovacuum seems to be off by default in
>> /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf. I'm not sure if this can be
>> considered a bug of the postgresql84 package...
>
> It's certainly not off by default in the stock postgresql84 package.
> Is it possible that something in spacewalk changed it?

Hi Tom,

I saw no vacuum log entries. After manually vacuum the database the load
went down and the performance went back to normal.

After uncommenting #autovacuum = on and inserting track_counts = on
autovacuum begun to work.

I had a brief look at the spacewalk setup scripts, nothing found so far.

When have a look to the db with
http://spacewalk.exmaple.com/phpPgAdmin/database.php?subject=database&action=admin&server=%3A5432%3Aallow&database=spaceschema
I see the following error:

ERROR:  relation "pg_autovacuum" does not exist at character 157

In statement:

SELECT vacrelid, nspname, relname, enabled, vac_base_thresh,
vac_scale_factor, anl_base_thresh, anl_scale_factor, vac_cost_delay,
vac_cost_limit
					FROM pg_autovacuum join pg_class on (oid=vacrelid) join
pg_namespace on (oid=relnamespace) ORDER BY nspname, relname

The PostgreSQL packages have been installed from CentOS5, I'm going to
try to reproduce this on RHEL5 tomorrow (if time allows me to do so)

Thanks,

Luc