[Spacewalk-devel] V1.2 (nightly) and PG (solved)

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Sun Nov 21 16:35:07 EST 2010

On 11/21/2010 10:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jan Pazdziora<jpazdziora at redhat.com>  writes:
>> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:44:08AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> It's certainly not off by default in the stock postgresql84 package.
>>> Is it possible that something in spacewalk changed it?
>
>> No. The installation instructions that we have for the PostgreSQL
>> server are at
>> 	https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLServerSetup
>
> Those instructions look reasonable ... but when I install postgresql84
> from scratch here, I get autovacuum = on and track_counts = on according
> to "show".  So something funny has happened in Luc's installation.
> Does anyone else see those parameters as "off"?

I'm now quite puzzled, I just tried the same on a scratch CentOS5 box.
Guess what? It is turned on.

I've got another test-installation available tomorrow which is also very
slow. Will check if there is autovacuum on.

It would also be interesting if Colin, the original poster, has the same
problem.

Thanks

Luc