Re: [Spacewalk-devel] "1", "y", "true", "yes", "on" etc

On 09/12/2011 12:17 PM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Well it is always good to understand more languages. And I know from my
experience that people do not always know whether they should use
true/yes/1 as different projects use different constants.

Sure, because they don't know what is supported from the pile of any
possible options. If they would know that there are only 1 and 0, they
would get it instantly.

So when I have time I try to write code which understood all possible
constants. When I'm lazy I just choose one.

And it results to a problem, because the config file is not just read
by a Spacewalk, but also by a peripheral software and other scripts
that does some additional stuff. So instead to write simple stuff, now
everyone should support an array of who-knows-what options.

I think this is not right.

Besides, I would also argue about /etc/rhn/default/* existence that
is *meant* to be edited according to FHS[1], while Spacewalk says
"Do not do this". Actually entire rhn is in the wrong place inside the
/etc directory, because it should be /etc/opt/rhn/... actually. :)

Since our configuration files are well documented (hmm not documented,
but has all option and its default values) I will not object agains #2,
but I think #1 is better.

OK, since you do not object against #2, I am going to provide the patch
that basically standardizes the whole thing to just 1 or 0 and also
saves your free time for something else. :-)

1. http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.pdf