Re: [Spacewalk-devel] Twitter Bootstrap: Standardizing the CSS framework?

On 26/07/13 09:05, Tomas Lestach wrote:
> Hello Duncan,
>
> I wasn't able to apply your patch.
> Could you send your patch rebased on latest master? Or at least write me
> against what commit I shall apply it.
> It seems that java/code/webapp/WEB-INF/includes/header.jsp version against that
> the patch is done, was never in Spacewalk.
>
> Please create your patch using: git format-patch

The patch is against SUSE Manager, as I mentioned it is a quick port of
the basics. I sent it mostly so that you get an idea of what is touched.

I will try to make a patch against master if you really want to "see" it.

> Btw. do you plan to apply the bootstrap framework to perl pages as they are?

Well, if we apply it, we will need to fix everything otherwise we will
not be able to release ourselves. What I am not sure is how clean the
initial commit to master can be, as there will be always stuff that will
need fixing and lot of eyes stabilizing it.

We have a bunch of perl pages already ported to Java as part of a
feature we are doing, but I guess there is still more Perl around.

Another possible workaround would be to use LESS features to auto-fix
incomplete ports. We can have a compat.css with the original styles
defined using LESS mixins.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany