[Spacewalk-list] Assigning a configuration channel to an activation key

Partha Aji paji at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 17:22:53 UTC 2008

That part is a bit broken still.. I am in the middle fixing the UI part..

For now if you need to add config channels you can use the xmlrpc API,
Look at
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/XmlrpcHandlers#UsingtheAPI for
more info.. Here is a sample snippet in python that should add the
config channels to your activation key..

#!/usr/bin/env python
import xmlrpclib
SATELLITE_HOST = "<your satellite address>"
SATELLITE_URL = "http://%s/rpc/api" % SATELLITE_HOST
login = "admin"
password = "password"
#connect to the server
client = xmlrpclib.Server(SATELLITE_URL, verbose=0)
# get the session key
key = client.auth.login(login, password)
client.activationkey.set_config_channels(key, ["<activation-key-1>",
"<activation-key-2>" ...], ['>config_channel_label-1>',
'>config_channel_label-2>'....])
client.auth.logout(key)

thanks

Partha