[Spacewalk-list] satellite-sync in Spacewalk?

Jason Ganovsky jasong at optonline.net
Tue Jul 15 19:58:53 UTC 2008

Ok, so far no go.

The machine where spacewalk is running is registered with RHN.  When I try and
run satellite-sync I get the following

[root at spacewalk ~]# satellite-sync -s http://rhn.redhat.com --list-channels
--debug-level=6
15:43:04 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
15:43:04    url: https://rhn.redhat.com
15:43:04    debug/output level: 6
15:43:04    +++ Satellite synchronization tool checking in.
15:43:04
15:43:04
ERROR: there was a problem synchronizing the information.
       Error message: [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE',
'certificate verify failed')]

If I then run

[root at spacewalk ~]# satellite-sync -s http://rhn.redhat.com --list-channels
--no-ssl --debug-level=6
15:57:04 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
15:57:04    url: http://rhn.redhat.com
15:57:04    debug/output level: 6
15:57:04    +++ Satellite synchronization tool checking in.

It sits there forever.