[Spacewalk-list] Hi,

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 02:56:42 UTC 2008

Kuba Fast wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether I can manage virtual systems through spacewalk without setting the host up through spacewalk first.

nope, in order to start/stop/reboot/configure your xen guests you have
to have the host registered with Spacewalk.

> I registered a Fedora instance virtualized on top of Xen/Suse, and spacewalk didn't recognize it as virtual. I tried looking at the satellite documentation, but all I see is instructions to kickstart virtual hosts/guests.

the controls and views of the virtual guests are managed from the
context of a host.  Once you grant the host the "Virtualization" system
entitlement you get the "Virtualization" tab on the system details
screen.  From there you can control/configure/provision your guests.

Mike
--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com