[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler Spacewalk integration

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 3 12:19:57 UTC 2008

Mike McCune wrote:
> I updated the Roadmap:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/TheRoadmap
>
> to include a link to:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CobblerKoanIntegration
>
> which is a work in progress but lays out some of the justifications
> and ideas around why we want to be able to bring Spacewalk and Cobbler
> together.
>
> Mike

I made a few small edits to the second page, this looks good.

As a basic summary to the list, I think the most useful thing we can do
for Spacewalk is get the bare metal deployment stuff in for the first
pass.  This means being able to do DHCP/DNS management, but more
importantly, having PXE "just work", having the integrated PXE menus,
and getting "cobbler buildiso" available for people who need to do lots
of bare-metal deployment but don't/can't have a netboot infrastructure.

--Michael