[Spacewalk-list] Good news and....some questions

Yogendra yogendrajog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:19:28 UTC 2008

Suggestions inline

On 7/4/08, Anoop Bhat <ABhat at trustwave.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to apologize to all for the excessive emails I've been sending
> lately. I hope they help someone at some point down the line. Maybe I can
> help those people too as I learn more and more.
>
> I was able register a client successfully, after Pradeeps reply. That in
> and of itself is very exciting to see. Very cool stuff.
>
> Under Systems -> All. The Updates column has a "Warning" symbol that when
> clicked leads to an "Internal Server Error" page. Same for the Packages
> column.

----> Did to tried re-registering the system ? Did you check apache
error/access logs when you get 'Internal Server Error" ?

> The System column on the same page shows "unknown" for my very first host
> even though /etc/sysconfig/network had a value for hostname prior to
> registration. Any ideas how this can be fixed?
>
> If I click on my "unknown" system, I get a status message that shows it is
> up to date but the System Overview page shows a warning symbol as mentioned
> above.

----> What i understand here is that you want HOSTNAME of the system to
appear on the system page (System Profile Name).  I think you can refer to
below article.

a)
https://rhn-satellite.108.redhat.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_change_the_%22unknown%22_hostname_in_RHN_Satellite_for_a_system

b)
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/07/31/solutions-from-the-road-how-to-get-the-%E2%80%9Creal%E2%80%9D-hostname-registered-during-satellite-provisioning-or-how-to-avoid-the-dreaded-%E2%80%9Cunknown%E2%80%9D-hostname/

Hope this helps.

Regards
Yogendra.

> At this point, I'm really just trying to manage the systems and get those
> features working. The kickstarts seem to be working well but I'll be testing
> further on Monday. Also, I'm going to try and dig deeper into the developer
> docs as they seem to be written quite well and it seems fairly straight
> forward (for now).
>
> Thanks again for all the hard work that you guys have done. This is truly a
> great project.
>
> Hope everyone has a good weekend.
>
> Anoop

Yogendra Jog