[Spacewalk-list] Errata

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 9 15:23:00 UTC 2008

CentOS 5 32bit server + 64bit clients.

Pushed all the content into it, all works.  Created a kickstart tree, and a
profile.  Which worked and I installed a system.  For kicks and giggles, I
changed the content, and did:

./make-ks-tree.sh --channel centos-5.2-64bit --source ../dvd --dsn
spacewalk/spacewalk at xe --install-type rhel_5 --variant centos --update u2
--clear --commit

This overwrote the previous content, and made the profile disappear (fair
enough).  But it won't let me create a new profile with the same name as it
insists one already exists.  I'm assuming I've created a confusion between the
filesystem and the database.

Oh well.  Ignoring that for a minute, I just recreated with a different name
and moved on.

So I go on to create an Errata.  Write some rubbish in the fields, and mark 6
packages from CentOS 5.2 final (libxslt stuff) as being affected.  I publish
the errata.  But it doesn't list it as affecting any systems, and if I look at
"Errata/All" and select the Errata it has no packages listed.  But if I select
Manage Errata, select the package and view packages, I see 6 libxslt packages
listed.

What am I doing wrong?

jh

--
"One always tends to overpraise a long book, because one has got through it."
                                                      -- Edward Morgan Forster