[Spacewalk-list] packages for centos5 client

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 11:59:55 UTC 2008

On Wed Jul 16/2008 @ 12:07:P +0200 asdasd, Marco Strullato wrote:
> Hi all, I have a question:
> I've installed a spacewalk server into a centos 5.0 server and I'd
> like to register clients.
>
> The question is what package should I install as client? I think the
> guide is not so clear: it just says
>
> "Download and Install client packages:
> wget 'link-to website-with-rpms'
> rpm -Uvh *.rpm"

At this time we are not planning to offer CentOS specific yum
repositories for hosting these packages. Instead we're going to attempt
to get them into CentOS Extras and have them available by default there.

Leonard Smith posted to this list just recently with a location where he
uploaded the required RPMs and SRPMs:

    http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lrsmith/Spacewalk/

Hopefully this will suffice for now, we'll try to get this into CentOS
repositories soon.

Cheers,

Devan

--