Antwort: Re: [Spacewalk-list] scheduled updates not being picked up

martin.philippi at bayerbbs.com martin.philippi at bayerbbs.com
Thu Jul 17 14:31:53 UTC 2008

Hi

increate the debug_level to something higher, for example 3 ... and
restart osad then you get much more details in the log file

Martin

Michiel van Es <michiele at info.nl>
Gesendet von: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com
17.07.2008 16:25

An
Rob See <rob at rsee.net>
Kopie
"spacewalk-list at redhat.com" <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>
Thema
Re: [Spacewalk-list] scheduled updates not being picked up

Hi Rob,

I manage to install the osa-dispatcher on the server and the osad on the
client.
Installed the spacewalk cert to /usr/share/rhn and can start the osad
service.
But I get the following error :
2008-07-17 16:19:59 jabber_lib.main: Unable to connect to jabber
servers, sleeping 103 seconds
2008-07-17 16:21:42 jabber_lib.main: Unable to connect to jabber
servers, sleeping 93 seconds

I had a look in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf and find:
[root at devgnudb01 rhn]# less osad.conf
[osad]

# don't change this
systemid = /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid

# increase for debugging output
debug_level = 0

# don't change this... used in substitutions below.
# if you get rid of the '%(server_handler)s' bits below,
# the *MUST* be replaced with this value...
server_handler = /XMLRPC

# Protocol to talk upstream
proto = https

# to use a server other than what up2date is configured to use,
# do something along the lines of:
# server_url = https://some.example.com%(server_handler)s
# server_url = http://another.example.net:8080%(server_handler)s
# server_url = https://yet.another.example.org:8081/XMLRPC
server_url = %(proto)s://%(server_name)s%(server_handler)s

# the following fields are inherited from up2date's configuration,
# but are overridable in this file

# enableProxy = 1
# enableProxyAuth = 1
# httpProxy = some.proxy.example.com:3030
# proxyUser = proxy_user_name
# proxyPassword = proxy_password

# Use a different certificate from what up2date is using
# This should point to the satellite certificate for
# server_name
osa_ssl_cert =

logfile = /var/log/osad

max_time_drift = 120

run_rhn_check = 1

# Default command to run when asked by the dispatcher
rhn_check_command = /usr/sbin/rhn_check

# By default we only use the first jabber server.
# Turn the enable_failover option to 1 if you want the connections
# to try Satellite's jabberd if RHN Proxy's is not available.
enable_failover = 0

Did I forgot something?
Why isn't my client connecting through the osad service or is it
spilling out these errors?

Kind regards

Michiel

http://docs.huihoo.com/redhat/RHNetwork/RHN-satellite-en-4.1.0/s1-maintenance-push-clients.html